This is a step-by-step breakdown of the order process, from the client's perspective:
1. Determining the overall house price
You've found the house model that's perfect for you on our website.
For example, the site shows that this model costs £42,400. This means:
£28,500 – price of the house (kit), included in the contract
£4,830 – price of delivery to the nearest UK port (Felixstowe, Hull, Southampton, Tilbury, Liverpool)
£0 – EU import customs duty
£6,670 – VAT for import into the UK
£2,400 – cost of freight forwarding services by our UK partner for assistance in receiving the cargo, processing, customs payments, and VAT
= £42,400. This is the price indicated on our website in the house model catalogue.
As you can see, the house price shown on our site is not just the cost of the house, but the cost of the house and all of the expenses you incur. We value our clients and want to make sure that they know exactly what is going on at all steps of the process.
The price does not include transport within the United Kingdom, only transport to the nearest port. This is because the expense can vary significantly. But if you let us know your city, we can calculate and let you know the cost right away.
All payments will be made in your currency, pounds sterling.
2. Custom design changes
If a design has caught your eye but you think you could make a few improvements, we invite you to ask us for an assessment. The price may increase due to increased timber use. We don't particularly recommend this: all of our designs are precisely calculated and prepared from the point of view of mass, loads placed on key elements, container packing, and transport costs. So if a design is calculated to fit into two containers but your custom design requires a third container as well, then the price will increase significantly due to transport.
But this is just our guideline, and if you would like to make a house whose design is your very own, we will be happy to make it come to life or to adjust one of our existing designs.
3. Contract signing
A contract is signed and original copies are exchanged by delivery service (DHL, etc.). Each party will retain one original of the contract, which will be in English.
4. You pay 30% of the cost indicated on our website.
5. We start work on your order (timber selection, sawing, drying – for more, see the Production Steps section).
6. Two months after the initial payment, you pay another 40–45% of the amount indicated on the site (depending on the specific house model).
7. Preparation of house for shipment (may be sent in parts, at your request).
8. Shipment of containers to the port of St Petersburg.
9. Transport by ship from St Petersburg to the UK port nearest you.
10. You contact our partner in the United Kingdom, a freight forwarding company. You sign an agreement with them and authorise them to collect your cargo from the port on your behalf and complete import formalities.
11. With the help of our partner freight forwarding company, you pay import VAT and freight forwarding expenses (these payments are the remainder of the house price, comprising the last 20–25% of the price indicated on the site).
The house price shown on our site is not just the cost of the house, but the cost of the house and all of the expenses you incur. We value our clients and want to make sure that they know exactly what is going on at all steps of the process.
12. Receipt of cargo at the UK port nearest you.
13. Transport of the cargo from the UK port nearest you to a loading terminal or other site within the UK. This can be arranged by our partner freight forwarding company, but this expense is not included in the house price shown on our site.
14. Assembly of house at construction site. For house assembly, you can either do it yourself by following our assembly instructions (in English) or hire a construction company to do it for you.
Be sure that you have all necessary permits in hand as well as your land before beginning construction.
15. Warranty service. We live up to our warranty obligations in accordance with law.
Go to House Models